Friday, May 31, 2013

Holding Them Back: Is Repeating a Grade Ever the Right Thing?

To be or not to be.
Last week,
I got this email from Allison Morris, who is an educator and a contributor for EducationNews.org. 

Hi Khoe

I wanted to reach out to connect with you about an interactive flowchart that I helped create aimed to address the topic of grade retention and when it might be necessary to consider having a student repeat a grade. 
I came across this post on your site: phebach.com/2013/02/best-teaching-practices-supporting.html – and given that you might have an interest in the topic, I wanted to see if you’ would be interested in taking a look and/or sharing the piece with your readers. If so, let me know and I'’d love to pass it along!
Thanks,

Allison M.

This topic of "Is Repeating a Grade Ever the Right Thing?" is a vital and often asked by many parents, teachers and school administrators. This article, from Allison with a great graphic design, is a great resource for those who is asking this question or thinking about holding back your child for another year. Here is the link.  Please explore and enjoy!

http://www.educationnews.org/parenting/holding-them-back/

No comments:

Post a Comment