Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Mindfulness-based approach in the classroom Seminar Testimonial and upcoming Classes

Here is the music link for your daily meditation. 

 
Hi Phe,
Here's my testimonial about the Mindfulness seminar.  
"The Mindfulness Leadership seminar was a wonderful experience for me.  The most valuable thing that I learned and practiced was meditation.  I've found that this practice has really helped to refresh my energy and manage my stress level during the day.  This has helped me to be a more focused teacher and have more patience with my students.  During the seminar, we had two guest speakers who shared their experience and wisdom with us.  It was very interesting to hear their stories and learn their perspectives on Mindfulness and psychology.  I would highly recommend this seminar.  Thank you Phe Bach for teaching us!"
-Kristi Char


Here is my testimonial.
As educators, our energy is constantly going to our students and our immediate community.  I would arrive home at night completely depleted of energy and not be “present” for my own children.  The course on mindfulness has gently reminded me that there is another way to live.  Meditation is an avenue to refocus my energy for myself and my family.  An additional benefit of this is that I may have more to “give away” to my students; however, my goal is to have more to give myself and my own children at home. Sitting quietly has become a part of my daily routine.  It may not always include all the techniques I have learned in the course, but it does always require me to listen to my inner voice, to acknowledge it and then to let it go.  I will definitely be signing up for more mediation courses. 

Sandra Sastre-Chavez
Mira Loma High School
Ceramics and Digital Art


TO:        All SJTA Bargaining Unit Member
FROM:  Bill Simmons, SJTA Vice President

RE:         SJTA Workshop Update

We have added an additional session of Mindful Leadership (see below for details).   This workshop is open to both those who attended the workshop in October and anyone who would like to attend for the first time. 

If you have any questions or need assistance with enrollment, please call SJTA at (916) 487-7582.

Mindful Leadership:  A mindfulness-based workshop for educators - (SRN 1640247613)

This workshop introduces the research and practices of the mindfulness-based approach to use in the classroom.  Mindfulness helps teachers and students manage their emotional and mental stress, create well-being and refresh their energy.  Its aim is to transform individuals and the classroom climate, while building and nurturing positive interpersonal relationships.  

Enrollment begins December 10, 2015
Must attend all (3) sessions to receive 6 hours credit.
No partial credit will be given.
Thursday January 14                                        4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 21                                       4:39 p.m. _ 6:30 p.m.

Thursday, January 28                                       4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment