Monday, February 22, 2016

TA BIẾT - I KNOW



TA BIẾT

Ta biết mi bọ rùa
Gặm nhắm tàn dãy bí
Ta vì đời thiệt hơn
Khổ nhọc mòn tâm trí

Ta biết mi là dế
Cắn đứt chân cà non
Ta vì đời đổ lệ
Nên phong kín nỗi hờn

Ta biết mi là giun
Chui dưới tầng đất thẳm
Ta vì đời thiệt hơn
Đêm nằm mơ tóc trắng.


Rừng Vạn Giã 76

(Thơ Tuệ Sỹ)



I KNOW

I know that you are the ladybugs,
chewing and destroying the pumpkin,
Because of life, I am more realistic,
even though my heart and mind are more exhausted.

I know that you are the crickets,
biting off the young tomatoes,
Because of life, I am shedding tears
and sealed the notion of hatred.

I know that you are the worms,
slipping under the deep wet soil,
Because of life, I am more realistic.
At night, dreaming of white hair.

Tue Sy
Van Gia Forest 76
Translated by Phe Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment