Wednesday, July 12, 2017

VISITING OUR MOTHER'S NATIVE VILLAGE - VĨNH HỘI

Biển Vĩnh Hội

VISITING OUR MOTHER'S NATIVE VILLAGE - VĨNH HỘI

My native land; its soundscape and landscape is timeless
The fragrance of flowers, grass fields, and forests are so fresh
The sea and the moon are synchronized--sparkling like a thousand stars
The old farming fields are deserted and some are empty
People, especially the young ones, are leaving the village--
Finding livelihood elsewhere.

When I come back, I think of the land and its people still in my dreams
Quietness, peace, and shimmering eyes are waiting
But things, just like everyone, come and go as a dream
Ah, so why should I be pitying in a few verses?

The iconic mountain (Núi Bà) is still forever showing her patience,
The birds’ songs greet me as the wind and cloud pass by
The ancient house and the old kitchen are no longer there
Those who I loved, like many others, have passed-- like a free-floating cloud in the sky,

Those historical places and beautiful memories, aging and now like mosses.
Yet covered with love, gratitude, and appreciation,
Oh, my loved one! I too remember and in deep gratitude
In the sunshine, I see myself as a drop of water

Following back to its sources, the beginning of life, as I feel like an orphan!

No comments:

Post a Comment