Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OUR FIRST ‘JOGGING’ - With that 6 miles...


                                      Achieving our goal - 3 miles in: photo Nikie Nguyen

OUR FIRST ‘JOGGING’ - With that 6-miles...
            For Lieu, Nga, Hieu, Yen, Hong, Phuoc, Rinny, and Tue

It was a cold morning.
The pre-dawn bright moon was still waiting to greet us
for jogging with the energetic gals for the first time.
Perhaps, my brother-in-law, Tue, and I didn't know what we are heading into
Yet it was a delightful and enjoyable experience.
Coming out of nowhere, the six fabulous gals
starting to run once we got to the bank of the river.
The winding way along the American river seems endless.
Its bare beauty fills with the songs of birds, the laugh of the moving river,
the dews clinging on the plants,
and the rays of sunshine through the tree branches.
Their weekly day to exercise, relax and catch up with each other
and we are lucky to be with them or what?
Try catching them for three long miles straight in,
without warming up or stretching -
that was really a stretch for the guys.
On the way back, while running and talking, Lieu, an ideal friend, encouraged me to keep running.
She is a champion and so are the other six gals.
Finally, we made it!
with the soreness in our muscles...
My brother said, "it hurts so... good"
In life, just like any phenomenon, it is how you take it.
Your attitude toward life
As if the water is just passing by under the bridge.
For me, the sound of my shoes kissing the earth,
the breeze in my face,
the sweat on my forehead,
is my motivation and my continuation.
Via this experience, I learned that women are resilient, perseverance,
enduring and determined.
And I will be back to learn and celebrate life with them.
Perhaps, I should call this a day to rejuvenate myself from work and school,
my weekly workout,
or my way to 'lose weight' as my doctor recommended for my fatty liver.
Or the way to rest mentally,
or to deepen inner awareness.
With that 6-miles...

American River, Sacramento, CA

January 27th, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment