Sunday, October 22, 2017

Praying Tribute Poetry to Venerable Thich Duc Niem


Thác Bridalveil Fall, Yosemite. Photo: BXK
LEARNING ABOUT VENERABLE THÍCH ĐỨC NIỆM'S PASSING
Yosemite Mountain, cold winds howling
The news of Thay's passing has just broken my heart
Taking in ten deep and slow breaths
Looking at the Bridalveil Fall, I realize the streams are singing!


THE MASTER AND I
The waterfall is high and beyond
Your endless streams flow inside of me
The moon just crossed over the mountain
Free-floating, immense and immortal!



MASTER'S DEPARTURE IS LIKE THE FALLING AUTUMN LEAVES
Yellow autumn leaves hurried to fall to the roots
Listening to my heart, the rustling and the sadness arise
You are freed with the Emptiness
Your mind is always in the Pure Land!


YOUR VIRTUES LIVE ON
Leaving behind the dust of life and the dreamy earthy realm
Returning to the pureness realm, the land of the Buddha
Your smiles and compassionate heart are always as-is
Your virtues, nuances, and vows still live on in this world.




Notes: I translated my poems from Vietnamese and edited by Tâm An - Simone Brinkmann-Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment