Monday, September 24, 2012

IN and Out at Will


                          Folsom State Prison
Click here for Vietnamese

IN and Out at Will
            To Gus, Jeff and Joette

I am in and out of the maximum-security state prison at will

What a release…

A comfortable feeling.

Finding peace, even bliss in this violent prison place

Even here Dharma seeds are sown

It is a miracle

The criminal elements, once foolish

Now show remorse and regret inside the prison

They come to the Buddha's door and join the meditation retreat,

Personally sowing their own fresh Dharma seed in the middle of stagnancy and uncertainty.

Tonight I see many benefits for the inmates

Even the prison guards are peaceful

The criminals look for ways to be transformed by finding

In the Chapel of cement cold walls true independence and freedom.

Tonight I came out of jail and found how beautiful things really are

The golden deer look at me bewildered

The crescent, Dormant, moon light is sparkling the night.

I listen to my footsteps on an immense footpath going home.


Folsom State Prison, CA.
November 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment