Friday, October 5, 2012

WHAT PINK?


Ann Silberman - a truly cancer a**kicker.
Please vote for my friends Ann for best health blogs: 

WHAT PINK?
        To my friend Ann Silberman – a cancer a**kicker.

Sickness is part of life, but you’re handling it
with so much compassion and perseverance
As graceful and elegant as you truly are
from the chemotherapy to the mastectomy that you faced
you’re doing so with courage
and you’re full of awareness.
To me, you are awakened when you realized
“My cancer is me, my cells.
My stubborn, self-willed cells.
Why would they be any less determined than I am to live, to survive?”
Yet your determination to live has the foundation of love and compassion
Of wisdom and altruism
You’ll overcome another hurdle with devotion to serve
I admire your willingness to heal yourself as well as others
- an act of selflessness
I also appreciate and promote your openness, honesty, and attitude
Your fighting spirit is marching on
Living, learning and loving
Find the joy and beauty in the ordinary things
Even the tiny smallest things
Cherish the things that you have and things that you don’t have
You’re the true champion of love and benevolence.

Mira Loma High, Oct. 5th, 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment