Thursday, December 19, 2019

WE ARE IN DEBT OF EACH OTHER


WE ARE IN DEBT OF EACH OTHER
  Praying for the 39 lost souls in the Essex truck incident in UK


We owe you
one breath
like many previous generations
Dreamers of freedom, an urge for a better life, find a way to escape Vietnam
and those who find a free shore, the shore of opportunity and liberty at last.
The attempt failed, and you were suffocating
with many people dying.
The autumn afternoon Sun became so cold
the country, the people, or ourselves are stunned and numb
or emotionless at the great tragic loss, we're mourning.
Life is so fragile, like drops of dew.
39 lives of Vietnamese, Chinese, or any human beings
have passed away
died
dead.
Please offer sympathy, a prayer for all.
For you, for me, for the countrymen
or for people of the same red blood and sweaty tears
or just human beings
the cases of human trafficking are
inhuman
greedy.
The people of Vietnam are facing the economic asylum, political asylum, education, or food asylum
our country, is it still there or just lost?
In my mind
I owe you
We owe you
one breath.
Breathing in, I know you're suffocating
breathe out, I know you are living in me.
I owe you
one breath!

Phe Bach